Re: 'Folder: bounced '

2005-01-05 05:45:45
Toen wij Adam Bogacki kietelden, kwam er dit uit:

The system log is working (named 'etc-procmail.log' in
/home/adam/Mail) but there is no sign of the user log
(named 'adam-procmail.log').

OK, so partly things are showing up now.

procmail: Couldn't create or rename temp file "backup/y-spam"
  Folder: cd backup && rm -f dummy 'ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,200d'
  /bin/sh: bin/sh: No such file or directory

.. which is a bit strange as I've commented that section
out in /etc/procmailrc, see below ..

That is not only a bit strange, that is very strange.

Where does that 'y-spam' come from?

Are you editing files in a DOS/Windows-environment? If so, compensate,
since CRLF-line-endings don't work in any procmailrc.

/etc/procmailrc has created 'bounced' and 'etc-procmail.log'
in /home/adam/Mail, but there is no sign of 'Trash' nor
of the entities (files ? boxes ?) specified in
/home/adam/.procmailrc

The recipe was:

  :0:
  * ^From: .*mailman-owner@
  * ^Subject: .* mailing list memberships reminder
  Trash

That needs two things to be true: a 'From:' header with 'mailman-onwer@'
etc.
in it. Have you received such a message?

If possible, put your .procmailrc and /etc/procmailrc and log-output and
script-output on some web- or anonymous-ftp-server and publish the links
here.
Use date/time-info for the filename, like
20050106-1400-user.procmail.log.
In that way we know exactly what the files look like, your messages
become
a lot smaller, and you can easily remove the files when no longer
useful.

--
Grtz, Ruud