Re: 'Folder: bounced '

2005-01-06 05:07:22
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:10:44PM +1100, Adam Bogacki wrote:
Dallman, & Ruud ..

current etc-procmail.log is below.
adam-procmail.log still not appearing
in /home/adam/Mail.

<wan smile, not yet exasperated but heading in that direciton>

What I've been trying to communicate as a meta-theme even more
urgently than the individual responses I make to things I see is,
with computers, things don't change unless you give them a reason.
They're not demons possessed or out to get you!  So if last
night my speculation was that user "adam" does not have permission
to write a file called "adam-procmail.log" under /home/adam/Mail,
then waiting half-a-day and trying again isn't going to give
a suddenly different result.

My speculation about permissions could be wrong.  It's only
my first guess.  But I wish you would give us more.  What is
the result of this:

   ls -ld / /home/ /home/adam/ /home/adam/Mail/
/home/adam/Mail/adam-procmail.log

Moreover, if you didn't fix the bad $SHELL entry I pointed out
last night, nothing much is likely to improve.  It alone may be
responsible for the bounces.