Re: 'Folder: bounced '

2005-01-07 09:51:08
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 16:42:58, Adam Bogacki wrote:
At the time of writing 'etc-procmail.log' has verbosely expanded
but there is still no sign of 'adam-procmail.log' although I have
fixed '/bin/sh' and think I've given correct permissions to
'adam-procmail.log'. I have commented out the empty lines
you objected to but was not sure where to stop. You might
be able to advise on that and perhaps suggest a better way to do it.

If adam-procmail.log doesn't actually exist (as opposed to existing
but not being writable), try:
touch ~/mail/adam-procmail.log
chmod 666 ~/mail/adam-procmail.log

You might also need to make ~/mail/ executable by 'other':
chmod o+x ~/mail/

The same goes for your home directory: if user 'mail' can't execute
every directory above adam-procmail.log (i.e. /home/, /home/adam/ and
/home/adam/mail/) it can't find what's in that folder and therefore
can't write to it.  At least that's my understanding from several
'cd /home/ben; chmod 600 ./*' mishaps.

--
 -Benjamin A'Lee

Termisoc Secretary: http://www.termisoc.org/
Home Page: http://benalee.co.uk/
Public Key: BEC9DC1A
Tuesday After Lunch is the cosmic time of the week.