Re: Trouble with scoring (Was: Re: Need regex-help: inverted word search)

2005-01-05 13:34:08
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:24:22AM -0500, R A Lichtensteiger wrote:

  :0
  * ^To:\/.*
  * -1^0
  *  1^1 MATCH ?? @server
  * -1^1 MATCH ??  myname(_at_)server

A kind of fun -- because it combines two separate nuances in one
condition -- thing I like to do sometimes ina case like this is
to combine your first and second conditions:

    :0
    * -1^0 ^To:\/.*
    *  1^1 MATCH ?? @server
    * -1^1 MATCH ??  myname(_at_)server

If there's no To: header, match will be empty (we should unset it,
though, because if there's no To:, $MATCH could still be left over
from something above); and the $MATCHes in these conditions won't
find anything.

Generally accepted wisdom says that if you are going to extract
information from a message and use it more than once, then it makes
sense to do the extraction only once and stuff the results into a
variable.  Some people set lots of variables (raises hand)

Agreed.

--
dman