Re: Trouble with scoring (Was: Re: Need regex-help: inverted word search)

2005-01-06 11:25:50
Dallman Ross replied to me:

<> >   :0
<> >   * ^To:\/.*
<> >   * -1^0
<> >   *  1^1 MATCH ?? @server
<> >   * -1^1 MATCH ??  myname(_at_)server
<>
<> A kind of fun -- because it combines two separate nuances in one
<> condition -- thing I like to do sometimes ina case like this is
<> to combine your first and second conditions:
<>
<>     :0
<>     * -1^0 ^To:\/.*
<>     *  1^1 MATCH ?? @server
<>     * -1^1 MATCH ??  myname(_at_)server
<>
<> If there's no To: header, match will be empty (we should unset it,
<> though, because if there's no To:, $MATCH could still be left over
<> from something above); and the $MATCHes in these conditions won't
<> find anything.

Nice. I like it.  /me sticks this in the arsenal

Professional Software Engineering also replied:

<> >I think Sean expected $TO to be set by some previous recipe.
<>
<> No, it was a hasty draft and I neglected to use MATCH instead of TO (note
<> the first condition assigns MATCH).  However, I _do_ have a TO extraction
<> (among other things) in my standard sandbox, so this variable is available
<> in my case (though I don't use it often outside of spam checks).

Same here.  It took a few minutes of reading Andreas' post to realize
what the problem was because the recipe looked so right <g>

R A Lichtensteiger      rali(_at_)tifosi(_dot_)com

    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
     neither do we." -- George W. Bush