Re: error in recipe

2005-01-10 10:30:19
On 10 Jan 2005 Claus Atzenbeck (claus(_dot_)atzenbeck(_at_)freenet(_dot_)de)
wrote:
I have found the error, I think, but I cannot see it:

******************************
:0 fwh:
* ^X-Spambayes-Classification.*spam
| formail -i "X-Spam-Info: [cumulus] found pre-marked spam through
X-Spambayes-Classification (spam)"
******************************

What this recipe simply should do is to add a X-Spam-Info line iff there
is a X-Spambayes-Classification in the head that includes "spam".

I get the following error messages:

procmail: Couldn't determine implicit lockfile from "formail"
procmail: Missing action

Any idea what might be wrong?

Remove the trailing ':' (i.e. the implicit lockfile specification) so the recipe starts with this:

:0 fwh

I have an example of this type of recipe in the Using SpamAssassin section of my Procmail Quick Start:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#SA>

If you want to use a lockfile on that recipe, you need to explicitly specify it, e.g., use something like this:

:0 fwh: x-spam-info.lock

but my guess is that there is no need to use a lock on this recipe. On the other hand, people often lock spamassassin filter recipes because you can overload the memory/cpu of your system if too many messages are simultaneously being spamassassined.

PS: Even though it seems that I have found the error (?) I am still
interested in my previously sent mail about how to find procmailrc
errors in large procmailrc lists.

I usually comment out my INCLUDERC lines and then uncomment them until I find which one has the error. This is one of the advantages of using INCLUDERC files.

Hope this helps,
NM

--
Infinite Ink: <http://www.ii.com/>