Re: Using procmail with no home directory

2005-01-24 17:23:00
Fran Fabrizio wrote:

Lately, a lot of spam has been hitting our helpdesk email address, creating bogus helpdesk tickets. Our email server already uses Spam Assassin to tag likely spam, so now all I need to do is filter on that spam score. What I don't know how to do is how to use procmail in an environment where there is no home directory - there is no /home/helpdesk or anything, so I can't have a .procmail rules file, I guess I would need to use it more as a script called from the aliases file.

/etc/procmailrc and $HOME/.procmailrc are used if present, but you can specify a procmailrc file in a different location.

man procmail

procmail [-ptoY] [-f fromwhom] [parameter=value | rcfile]...
procmail [-toY] [-f fromwhom] [-a argument] -d recipient ...
procmail [-ptY] -m [parameter=value] ... rcfile [argument] ...
procmail -v

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch(_at_)atmedia(_dot_)net