Re: mimic a unknown user bounce

2005-01-25 10:36:11
Am 2005-01-25 10:02:29, schrieb Google Kreme:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:59:05 +0100, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle(_at_)freenet(_dot_)de> wrote:
Am 2005-01-24 17:26:24, schrieb Professional Software Engineering:

If you're looking for something for mail admins to be hostile about, you
should check out what Verizon has decided to do (blocking mail from
European sources, AND performing SMTP callbacks).

Realy interesting... because more then 90% of the SPAM
comming from IP's inside the USA !

I don't know where you got that number, but it is completely wrong.
the US is the #1 source of spam, but the percentage is around 40%, not
90%.

maybe you but not me...

Since 17.01.2005 (How to count "Received:" Header) I have installed a
filter which grab all Messages with only TWO "Received:" Headers...

Never I have seen my FileServer fast then now !

I have now checked all IP-Addresses and they come fom US Machines.

It is 90% of my SPAM

My "sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org" Filter get around 7% (mostly Korean SPAM)
and then at last not least Spamassassin which get around 3%.

Maybe 0.1-0.4% going through...

...and if you get 500-8000 SPAMs per day, this is a good result.

China and  Korea combine for about 25-30%.  For the vast majority of
non-chinese, non-koreans, simply blacklisting ch and kr mail is a very
effective way to make a dramatic cull in the amount of spam.  I myself
don't know anyone in China or Korea who might be sending me mail, for

I have many contacts in Korea and China.

BTW, the US is so high because most US spam is coming from infected
Windows machines (zombies).  China/Korea spam is coming from ISPs.

:-/

Simply blocking dynamic IPs and China Korea will probably eliminate
80-90% of the spam hitting an account.  It's the final 10% that really
starts to take work.

Right, but unfortunatly many Dynamic IPs are not listed in
<dul.dnsbl.sorbs.org> or do you know a better one ?

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi