Re: odd off the wall question

2005-03-09 13:20:51
Pablo,

Most of the spam coming through is sent to other people in my company
many of whom are no longer with us and their accounts have been
deleted. How is it that other people on the server are getting those
e-mails.

I see spam like that a lot.  The first address in a group (for the
spammer's definition of "group") is on the To: line and the rest are
bcc'ed, so only the lucky person on the To: line sees his/her own
address there. The others get copies that show only the first person's address and not their own.

I can not filter many of the team here because the sales crew wants
every e-mail sent to them to get through, but now I have the
complaints about messages sent to others, that go to them.

You know those people and we don't.  Try to explain the concept of a
blind carbon copy to them.