Re: [OT] Request for MTA suggestions

2005-03-18 14:56:59
On Mar 18, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

Ability to handle 100,000+ inbound and 20,000+ outbound messages daily.
It's going on a P4-3.2 with 1G of RAM and RAID mirrored SATA drives so
hardware speed should be OK.

Postfix.

POP3

Courier.

Webmail

Either SquirrelMail or Prayer.

USER ADJUSTABLE! Spam scanning.

AmavisD-new and SpamAssassin. Google for clues.

Virtual domain handling using a db backend. I don't want a /etc/passwd
entry for every email account

Postfix and Courier can both deal, IIRC.

Web administration so we don't have to keep ssh sessions open 24/7

Why would you want to?
A well-run server can be left alone, as a general rule.
Read the daily reports, watch for warning signs, ....

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/
  and Usenet Registration handy..."