Re: -gt again

2005-04-04 07:23:03
Michelle Konzack wrote:

Thanks, for the example...

You're welcome.

I have read the procmail documentation, but I have not
understood how ^0 and the other stuff is working...

It's in the procmailsc(5) man page.

Personally, since I always run procmail with -f- and thus get the current timestamp in the From_ line, I make recipes turn on and off at preset dates and times by using a regexp test on the From_ line. That is more readable to me (I can't translate datea and times to and from Unix seconds time in my head), it's more editable for me when I change the on or off time (same reason), and doesn't involve forking date(1) for every message. Then again, the last time I had reason to write a clock- or calendar-dependent recipe was a few years ago and I don't do it any more.