Re: Old Bug New Problem.

2005-04-05 18:45:17
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 02:28:20 +0200, Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 04:18:04PM -0700,
multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com wrote:

Here is what I have in my sand box.

[deleted]

Moving this to the production server, I placed it, as recommended on
this list and in the archives, right after spam assassin test.

[deleted]

And it is not working, and not a single instance caught so far, and
when I read the procmail log, there are no signs of detection.

Any recommendations?

Certainly.  The part of your production .procmailrc that is causing the
F to be lopped off is below where you have placed the recipe.

It looks like that, but I don't know why it started doing this now,
after restoring it, I even checked it against any hard line breaks,
corruption, ..etc, no luck.

It has been reported that the bug with the lopped-off F happens
under some platforms and compiles when a filtering recipe runs.
(I.e., the f-flag for procmail.)

Thank you for expanding on that.
That narrows down the suspect recipes.

Suggest you find where, in your rcfile, the F is being lopped off;
and either correct (rewrite) that recipe or place the fix below it.

I am in the process of doing that.

Thank you again.