Re: Mark as read

2005-06-03 05:51:06
On 03 Jun 2005, at 01:34 , Dallman Ross wrote:
written "R", but then I shelled out of the letter I was composing
and looked in a folder with a new message, closed the folder to
write the changes, re-opened, and looked.  All I saw was an "O".
So I changed my draft and sent it that way.  Meanwhile, two
others have sent in a similar suggested solution, one with just "R"
and one other with "RO"; so I'm not sure which one we really want.
I susupect htey all work, but for different reasons.

It depends (or at least it used to) on your mailer. Status: O means the messsage is Old, but not read. Some software treats this as new, some treats it as read, and some treats it as old. Status: R means the message is read, but on at least one mail client (mailx? elm?) I used a long time ago, messages with a R but no O were still treated as new.

So, I always set RO wehn i want it to be read.

--
The Piper's calling you to join him