Re: is procmail abandonware?

2005-06-13 07:44:12
At 09:28 2005-06-13 +0200, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Next time check for known bugs first. See the last line of
ftp://ftp.procmail.net/pub/procmail/procmail-beta/HISTORY
about this bug in 3.22.

Arguably, you should specify procmail.ORG, which is the official domain. In fact, both domains point to the same place, but since .org is in the documentation...

Today is Monday. When it's a sane hour, I'll phone Phillip and get the ball rolling again.

> that should have been fixed 3.5 years ago.

Patches are available, for this bug and for other things.

I rather have to side with Damian here - it's an old bug, and the fix is known -- there should be an official release which addresses it. And, if that isn't done, barring anything else, a bugolla like this should be documented in the liner notes for the current distro from the procmail site (but, if one is to do that, why not just fix it?).

Bart's patch should be posted on the procmail website -- THAT would certainly be a simple thing to do.

Users should remember though that procmail is distributed as a source distribution, and as such, anyone can fix bugs if they want to. I think a LOT of people would be thrilled if the leading-F bug finally were ferreted out.