Re: Forwarding via procmail

2005-06-20 17:00:50
Josh Kelley schreef:

We're trying to set up forwarding via procmail.

Beware of becoming an open relay.

First, if the address to forward to is invalid,
then the bounce should go to the original sender

The 'original sender' is often faked. Anti-virus and anti-spam should
all be done first.

Here's my procmailrc recipe

I don't uderstand why the outer brace-level is there.
Is this the complete central procmailrc for everybody,
or a .procmailrc (dot-procmailrc) of a specific user?

From the 'address-to-forward-to(_at_)example(_dot_)com' I assume
that this is a .procmailrc that is generated for each
user.

I think you can remove the c-flag and delete the last two recipes:

        :0
        *$ ! ^^From .*\/$NSPC+
        *$ !  ^Sender:.*\/$NSPC.*
        *$ !  ^From:.*\/$NSPC.*
        *$ !  ^Reply-to:.*\/$NSPC.*
        { FROM = `formail -zxFrom:` }
        :0E
        { FROM = "$MATCH" }

        :0
        * ! ^FROM_DAEMON
        * ! ^X-Loop: localaddress
        | formail -A"X-Loop: localaddress" \
          | $SENDMAIL -oi -f $FROM \
            address-to-forward-to(_at_)example(_dot_)com

--
Grtz, Ruud