Re: sending spam to /dev/null

2005-07-24 14:37:46
On Sunday 24 July 2005 04:21 pm, Damian Menscher wrote:

Thanks Damian, I'll do it then.  However, just a question, you have two
recipes, one that on X-Spam-Status: Yes autolearns then sends spam
to /dev/null the other on X-Spam-Status: Yes sends spam to your junk
folder, doesn't the first recipe cancel out the 2nd?  Or am I a bit
confused here?

If the first recipe matches, it never makes it to the second (which is
what you want).

My zeroth recipe (not shown since I assume you already have one that
works ) sends the mail through SpamAssassin.

The next recipe (first one above) checks to see if it was spam and had
been autolearned as spam (check that your SA is set up to add that
header -- I think it's there by default with recent releases), and if
so, dumps the mail to /dev/null.  Note that SA does the autolearning,
not the recipe.

If that recipe doesn't match, then the mail falls through the the next
one (the second recipe above) which checks if it's spam, and saves it to
my junk folder if so.

Anything that still doesn't match falls through to later recipes, or to
the default mailbox.

Damian Menscher
Thanks Damian, got it now.  And thanks again for reassuring me on
the /dev/null option.

Chris

--
Chris