Re: Invoking a program via procmail isn't working.

2005-08-22 13:43:28
At 12:10 2005-08-22 -0700, Bruce Johnson wrote:
I'm trying to process messages sent to an account,

So, the procmailrc content you posted is in a user's .procmailrc, not a
global .procmailrc?  Does this user have a valid login shell?

 two parts we want
to keep the whole message, as well as parse the body of a message for
certain lines and do stuff based on that:

PMDIR=$HOME
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail   # all mailboxes are in mail/
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail.log
LOG="--- Logging ${LOGFILE} for ${LOGNAME}, "

Add:
         VERBOSE=ON

To the stuff up there.

:0
               * ^TO.*

That's a curious condition.  Mind translating to english what you think
this is really necessary for?

               {
                  :0 c
                    | perl $HOME/procvir.pl >> procvir.log

If you're going to write to something, you really should include the
locking flag on that rule.

The problem is that the program 'procvir.pl' is never running at all,
as far as I can tell.

What does your VERBOSE log say?  Is _perl_ in your path (as per the path
that procmail gets handed when it is invoked, not whatever your login shell
might ADD to the path when you login separatley).  For that matter, do you
HAVE a shell defined?