Invoking a program via procmail isn't working.

2005-08-22 12:55:12
I'm trying to process messages sent to an account, two parts we want
to keep the whole message, as well as parse the body of a message for
certain lines and do stuff based on that:

PMDIR=$HOME
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail   # all mailboxes are in mail/
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail.log
LOG="--- Logging ${LOGFILE} for ${LOGNAME}, "

:0
               * ^TO.*
               {
                  :0 c
                    | perl $HOME/procvir.pl >> procvir.log

                  :0
                  mbox
                 }

The problem is that the program 'procvir.pl' is never running at all,
as far as I can tell.

It works if I save the message as a file and do 'cat msg |
procvir.pl' on the command line.

What am I doing wrong?

a log file entry looks like:

--- Logging /home/virusalert/procmail.log for virusalert, From
virusalert(_at_)pharmacy(_dot_)arizona(_dot_)edu  Mon Aug 22 11:57:03 2005
Subject: VIRUS (W32/Netsky-P) FROM
<?(_at_)Hayes(_dot_)Pharmacology(_dot_)Arizona(_dot_)EDU>
   Folder:
mbox                                                             2440

So I know procmail is, in fact catching the messages and filing them.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona