Re: [OT] Attribution. Was: converting Html to Plaintext

2005-08-22 11:01:32
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:33:10 +1200, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
On Sun 21 Aug 2005 21:52:02 NZST +1200, Dallman Ross wrote:

Okay.  I really wish you'd stop leaving out attributions of who
you're quoting (me).  Not that my golden words are important, but
this list is archived in perpetuity, and it's simply wrong to quote
people without attribution.

I beg to differ. You're the only one who ever complained, and I post a
lot in public.

Reminds of the committee member with outrageously bad breath.
"You're the only one who ever complained", says he, "And, I belong
to a lot of committees".
Speaks more to the the good social graces of the _other_ committee
members than to his dental hygiene.

If anyone really cares about who wrote what, the fine
archive will have the answer.

At least, thank gawd, we don't have Google posters in Gmane -- with
their total lack of _any_ quoting -- believing it's one big, real-time
chat room.

Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones     | jonz          | W3DHJ  |  linux
   Pueblo, Colorado  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2