Re: converting Html to Plaintext

2005-08-21 16:42:06
On Sun 21 Aug 2005 21:52:02 NZST +1200, Dallman Ross wrote:

Okay.  I really wish you'd stop leaving out attributions of who
you're quoting (me).  Not that my golden words are important, but
this list is archived in perpetuity, and it's simply wrong to quote
people without attribution.

I beg to differ. You're the only one who ever complained, and I post a
lot in public. If anyone really cares about who wrote what, the fine
archive will have the answer. For practical purposes nobody cares what I
said, only whether it solves the problem. And anything I post has my
name above and below it anyway, so I don't see the point. If it's
quoted it's obviously from someone else, so it's not that the current
poster is putting a claim to it.

You're talking about manipulating MIME in sophisticated ways.
Procmail alone can't do such a thing without much more extensive
Rube-Golbergesque action than you are, or I am, willing to try to
make it do.

Absolutely, it needs an external program. Not having had much luck on
other lists, I thought someone here may well know of one, but there
seems a distinct lack. I'll have a look at reformime.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.