Re: converting Html to Plaintext

2005-08-16 16:43:22
how can one convert mail that consists of HTML only convert to
plaintext?
Are there packages that can be recommended?

Yes: http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html

It's more functional than just converting html to text: it keeps the
text/plain if there is one and dumps the text/html, it converts
text/html to text/plain, and removes other mime parts, adding a summary
of its actions to the end of the email. I've been using it for years to
clean out the rubbish.

Unfortunately I can't tell it to leave certain attachments in, I'm still
looking for a program which allows that while also doing all of the
above. I never got much use out of demime. Suggestions appreciated...

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.