Re: converting Html to Plaintext

2005-08-20 16:42:07
Unfortunately I can't tell it to leave certain attachments
in, I'm still looking for a program which allows that while
also doing all of the above. I never got much use out of
demime. Suggestions appreciated...

Well, my suggestion would be to have two recipes, the first one
to check what you want in attachments and handle those messages
differently; and the second, through demime or stripmime.

While filtering out the msgs with attachments to be kept isn't so
difficult, I don't see how I then continue from there. Perhaps I could
extract the attachments and then add in again the one(s) I want to keep.
Seems like a lot of messing around.

Perhaps I should use mailman instead, if it indead offers that feature.
It's for some tiny "mailing lists" for very small clubs which I
implemented in procmail some years back, and it's grown a bit since
then. The strength of my procmail concoction is that it's precisely
adapted to the situation (sans attachments) and doesn't need any
servers.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.