Re: converting Html to Plaintext

2005-08-17 04:57:17
On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:30:45AM +1200, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

how can one convert mail that consists of HTML only convert to
plaintext?  Are there packages that can be recommended?

Yes: http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html

It's more functional than just converting html to text: it keeps
the text/plain if there is one and dumps the text/html, it
converts text/html to text/plain, and removes other mime parts,
adding a summary of its actions to the end of the email. I've
been using it for years to clean out the rubbish.

Unfortunately I can't tell it to leave certain attachments
in, I'm still looking for a program which allows that while
also doing all of the above. I never got much use out of
demime. Suggestions appreciated...

Well, my suggestion would be to have two recipes, the first one
to check what you want in attachments and handle those messages
differently; and the second, through demime or stripmime.

Dallman