Re: converting Html to Plaintext

2005-08-20 17:25:20
On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 11:31:15AM +1200, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

Unfortunately I can't tell it to leave certain attachments
in, I'm still looking for a program which allows that while
also doing all of the above. I never got much use out of
demime. Suggestions appreciated...

[Dallman Ross had replied:]
Well, my suggestion would be to have two recipes, the first one
to check what you want in attachments and handle those messages
differently; and the second, through demime or stripmime.

While filtering out the msgs with attachments to be kept isn't so
difficult, I don't see how I then continue from there. Perhaps I
could extract the attachments and then add in again the one(s) I
want to keep.  Seems like a lot of messing around.

I'm lost now as to what you ultimately want.  I had thought
you wanted to strip attachments, except for certain ones found
in certain messages.  So why can't you test for those messages,
and if they are found, bypass the stripping and just shunt them
where you want them to go?

Or are you saying that the message might have several attachments,
only one or some of which you want to keep?

In that case, I think your tool of choice might well be reformime,
which you can pipe to from procmail.

Dallman