Re: Who is the procmail maintainer? (revisited 2005)

2005-11-04 20:42:37
[snip]

- The new procmail development tree is available through anonymous SVN
  (I can recommend using SVK though) via:

     svn://svn.cuci.nl/public/procmail/trunk

  ("trunk" simply means: newest development tree).

At the moment, I have write access to the tree, Guenther will be able to
soon.  If anyone feels qualified to have write access to the tree, speak up,
and it will be considered.

As of now, I openly invite anyone to download the current version, test it,
send in complaints/bug-reports and/or provide me with patches you have
been saving up (preferably relative to the SVN version).

Thanks for the update Stephen.  I will take a look at this next week.

I'm glad to hear you have decided to pick up development of procmail again.  As
you can see from this thread, there's a plethora of procmail ideas that folks
would like to see implemented.

The first step is to get the development process in place so people will feel
empowered to start submitting patches, etc.

- The steering commitee, well, the idea is still open, but given the fact
  that we have a working and active SVN repository now, we might
  look at how things move by gradually getting some "natural" collaboration
  flowing.

You might consider resurrecting the procmail-dev ML to facilitate the
collaboration.

I hate to be a PIA but I believe procmail development shouldn't die.

It won't, and you should be seeing some things moving
now.

Ok, I'm going to hold you to it! :-)

Thanks again,
Sam