Re: adding an Expires: header...

2006-01-09 08:48:19
On 07 Jan 2006, at 00:21 , Don Russell wrote:
Google Kreme wrote:

I would simply add that X-Expires: or X-<user>-Expires: would be a
better choice for an added header.

When I first started this, I added X-Expires:, then one day, while
researching something unrelated I found an rfc that defined
Expires: ...
now of course I cant find that rfc again. :-(

Ah... I think Expires: is a header for USENET postings, not email,
but I could be wrong.

But, why would you use X-<user>-Expires: ? I don't see an advantage of
including the user id in the header...

It is often useful to know where a message header was added.  using a
user name or a domain name eliminates the possibility of colliding
with someone else's header.

--
"He sees the good in every one.  No one would ever take him for a
clergyman."