adding an Expires: header...

2006-01-04 00:53:31
I receive mail from several places (news alerts etc) and in an effort to
prepare for some automated clean up, I add an Expires: header.

I'm pretty green with respect to procmail, and am asking for opinions
from more experienced people. I have a sample recipe from my .procmailrc
file.
It works fine, but my question is: is there a better way?

Thanks,
Don

:0
* ^From:(_dot_)*notifier(_at_)fbo\(_dot_)gov
{
   EXPIRE = `date --utc -R --date="+7 days"`
   :0 wfc
   | formail -I "Expires: $EXPIRE"

   :0 :
   MailingLists/fbo