Re: procmail setup probs, several

2006-02-13 09:50:11
Gene Heskett schreef:

Since this post was made, its been moved to /home/user/.procmailrc,
the LOGNAME line commented out, permissions fix in /var/spool/mail
and it appears to be working fairly well now.  I have it adding a
line to the header to ident the changes I've made.

LOGNAME is (more or less) a read-only variable. It has nothing to do
with the LOGFILE. See `man procmail` and look for LOGNAME; it is
normally preset to the current user-id.

There is a DROPPRIVES=yes line.

IHYM: DROPPRIVS.

No need for that anymore, since you moved to ~/.procmailrc.

  SELF = "$_"
  :0
  * SELF ?? /procmailrc^^
  { DROPPRIVS = 'yes' }