Re: procmail setup probs, several

2006-02-13 08:27:29
On 12 Feb 2006, at 21:23 , Gene Heskett wrote:
# Feed everything under 500k and not from the sa list to spamc
:0
* < 500000

Unless you are running an ancient version of SA this is unneeded as
SA will only process mails under 256K,

{
   :0 fw: spamassassin.lock

Also not needed, and can acautlly hurt.  spamd/spamc are perfectly
capable or running more than one message at a time.

   | /usr/bin/spamc -t 150 -u gene

unless this recipe is in /etc/procmail the -u is unecessary. And
unless you have a real reason to specify a lower-than-default timeout
value...

        -u username
            This argument has been semi-obsoleted.  To have spamd use
per-user-
            config files, run spamc as the user whose config files
spamd should
            load.  If you're running spamc as some other user<1>,
though, (eg.
            root, mail, nobody, cyrus, etc.)  then you can still use
this flag.

<1> But you shouldn't  [Footnote is mine]

How do I go about getting enough verbosity out of both fetchmail and
procmail so the real problem can be seen and fixed?

VERBOSE=YES for procmail

No idea on fetchmail, haven't used it in a long time.

--
"I'm just like every modern woman trying to have it all. A loving
husband, a family. I only wish I had more time to seek out the dark