Re: If you use AOL or Yahoo, it's time to find a new ISP

2006-02-15 04:02:46
Am 2006-02-09 12:08:27, schrieb Professional Software Engineering:

A site on which I admin has already been discussing blocking s*bscriptions
from AOL users if their new method results in rejected mail.  We've locally

@ROTFL@

I have blacklisted subscribers with AOL e-mails since more then 2 years.
OK, my around 200 lists have only 17.000 Users which are subscribed to
several lists, but gotten in the past up to 5000 bounces per day fom AOL.

blacklisted AOL on several occasions in the past to deal with AOL blocking
us (we're not in their "Enhanced whitelist"), because their users will
start emailing the lists asking "are the lists up?" "I haven't seen any
messages for a few days" and the like, but never actually see their own
posts or the replies (not to mention it's wildly off-topic for the
site).  Blocking THEIR mail from entering the site, and providing a URL
reference to an incident writeup on our website allows us to keep their
innane babbling off the list and notify them that the reason they haven't
seen messages is because their ISP is blocking them.  AOL has _NEVER_
provided us with a complaint or ANYTHING explaining why the server ends up
in their blacklist.  We don't relay, we're secured, we don't even accept
HTML messages or attachments.

FullACK. Here the same.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi