Re: Anti-Spam Tactic.....

2006-03-20 06:37:21
Hi there,

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
wrote:

At 02:12 2006-03-19 -0800, Wm. Vance wrote:

Is there a way to capture _ALL_ sendmail output to the internet, pipe it
through procmail, and then pipe it back to sendmail for output to the net?

Yes.

Is this the appropriate thing to do given the problem you are describing?

No.

+1

Er, why not simply secure your MTA (and your server while you're at it)?

+2

Your source IP is a broadband IP from verizon.net.

One of the ones I block by name, IP, and smell.  :)

There are entire DNSBLs dedicated to blocking crap which issues
directly from consumer broadband networks.

The reason for my post - I'd be grateful for any experience of and/or
observations on particular providers of this sort of service that you
can offer.  I use several DNSBLs already but I can always use another,
especially one which does a good job at this sort of thing.  I've used
SORBS for quite a while but had to stop using it for some customers as
it was blocking too much legitimate mail.

Is there any reason why these purveyors of crap on the Internet don't
prevent their customers making outgoing connections on port 25 except
to one of their own servers?  It would save everyone so much trouble.

I even have procmail filters which match for messages relaying
to me which come through broadband-ish hostnames

I do the same thing with our MTAs using a sendmail milter.

Sorry to stray so far from the topic.

73,
Ged.