Re: Anti-Spam Tactic..... (Verizon recto-cranial inversion)

2006-03-24 11:43:44
At 23:41 2006-03-23 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
I expect that if we end up having to take action with AOL users
(should AOL start bouncing mail again for no good reason), we'll drop
the Verizon users at that time as well.  Nobody should have to jump
through loops to deliver mail that people have requested - we're
operating a listservice with code confirmation, so forged
s*bscriptions just isn't part of the picture.

With an attitude like that, how is the poor vz customer, and I'm a vz
customer because they have a monopoly here, supposed to deal with it?

Vote with your feet.  Yea, that sounds harsh, and as a single individual,
you're unlikely to sway the boneheads at Verizon, but at least YOU won't be
making a financial contribution to their continued boneheadedness.

I would be rather surprised if they were actually the only game in
town.  They might be the only CHEAP game in town (by merit of their LEC
status in your community), but there's something to be said for using
non-consumer network providers.  Static (and potentially delegated)
netblocks is a big plus.

FTR, the site in question is a large auto enthusiast site, which
periodically suffers a lot of administrative overhead due to a handful of
braindead ISPs.  If we quit jumping through hoops to deal with the grief
they cause, life would be MUCH easier for us.  Oh, I probably didn't point
out that none of the admins are compensated (despite the site being
commercial grade), so it isn't as if dealing with some dumb ISP is just
another task to deal with as part of an 8 or 12 hour work shift...

At 03:13 2006-03-24 -0700, Google Kreme shared, in part:
write letters (real paper snail mail letters) and send copies to your
local media outlets. Start www.verizonsuckdogballs.com

Though, probably don't do so ON your Verizon broadband connection, or
you'll eventually find that traffic drops to 0 overnight once Verizon
discovers it.