Re: Anti-Spam Tactic.....

2006-03-20 11:22:37
At 08:23 2006-03-20 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On 3/19/06, Professional Software Engineering
<PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org> wrote:

Your source IP is a broadband IP from verizon.net.  There are entire DNSBLs
dedicated to blocking crap which issues directly from consumer broadband
networks.

In fact, it could even be the case that Wm.'s server is now perfectly
secure, and the real reason he's blocklisted is that he's sending from
a dynamic IP address.

The OP made it seem as if he's aware there's been crap relaying through his
host.  A check of the system logs would easily verify as much - one would
like to think that people don't go trying to engineer elaborate solutions
to fix problems they're not actually experiencing, though it wouldn't be a
first.

Verizon's mail servers will only relay for SMTP AUTH connections,

Well, got to give them credit for at least doing that much, even if their
network is a prime source of net.sludge, AND their idea of incoming spam
filtering (for a large ISP) is to block whole netblocks of European and
other IP ranges.