Re: recipe to add keywords to an imap message

2006-04-02 07:07:41
NM Public wrote:
Sur 2006-03-31, Don Russell skribis:

[snip]
I'm happy to hear that this works with Dovecot IMAP and I've
added that bit of information to the #keywords section of my
Procmail Quick Start. Question: What mailbox format are you using
with Dovecot? I assume mbox, but want to make sure. It would be
very cool if the X-Keywords header also worked with
maildir-formatted mailboxes, but I suspect it doesn't (since the
IMAP metadata is stored in the filename and sometimes in separate
files when maildir mailboxes are used).

Yes, I am using mbox format.

I read that is a better format to ue when there are more than a couple
of thousand mail messages kept.

But, I suppose maildir was invented for a reason... :-)

DR