Re: recipe to add keywords to an imap message

2006-04-04 01:48:55
Sur 2006-04-04, Ruud H.G. van Tol skribis:

How can I then redistribute all my old mail so it is in the
new format?

There are several tools for that (look for mbox2maildir) but a
procmail-recipe can do it too. Be careful, you want to preserve
as much information as possible.

For example, make sure you use a tool that preserves your IMAP
keywords. Usually tools that use the IMAP protocol will preserve
these and other IMAP metadata.

Also note that if you convert to maildir-format mailboxes, you
may not be able to use procmail to set keywords -- let us know
what you discover in this department.

Good luck with the conversion!
  Nancy
   (sent via gmane.mail.procmail)