Re: recipe to add keywords to an imap message

2006-04-03 19:39:47
Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2006-04-02 06:57:03, schrieb Don Russell:

I read that is a better format to ue when there are more than a couple
of thousand mail messages kept.

???

But, I suppose maildir was invented for a reason... :-)

Maildir is there to keep you from screwing up, if you have several
10.000' mesages in your folders...  My own ~/Maildir/ holds now
around 7 Million messages in around 1400 Mailfolders...
One of the biggest folders are <debian-user> 490.000 Msg, <lkm>
420.00 msg and <debian-user-german> 230.000 msg.
Try to open such Mailboxes without Maildir...
And if new messagers are arriving, lockig will kill your nervs.

That makes sense....

I have the following in my /etc/procmailrc file
MAILDIR=${HOME}/mail

If I change that to
MAILDIR=${HOME}/maildir/

How can I then redistribute all my old mail so it is in the new format?

And will that have any adverse affects on my Dovecot IMAP server?

Thanks,
Don