Re: recipe to add keywords to an imap message

2006-04-04 00:45:55
Don Russell schreef:

I have the following in my /etc/procmailrc file
MAILDIR=${HOME}/mail

If I change that to
MAILDIR=${HOME}/maildir/

Wrong approach. The MAILDIR environment variable has nothing special to
do with maildir-type delivery. The environment variable $MAILDIR should
never end in a slash.

Changing the value of MAILDIR is just procmail's chdir-command.

So I think you rather mean this:

   MAILDIR = "$HOME/mail"
   DEFAULT = "$MAILDIR/"  # IMAP's INBOX

How can I then redistribute all my old mail so it is in the new
format?

There are several tools for that (look for mbox2maildir) but a
procmail-recipe can do it too. Be careful, you want to preserve as much
information as possible.

And will that have any adverse affects on my Dovecot IMAP server?

Dovecot prefers maildir. See default_mail_env in
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.

--
Groet, Ruud