Re: Recipe to block unqualified domains?

2006-05-25 13:03:05
Dave Waxman wrote:
Lately I am getting POUNDED by junk-mail and SA and Bogofilter just
aren't doing it anymore.  I am looking to use procmail to send mail from
unqualified domains such as:
From lizarra(_at_)kriewaldtappraisals  Thu May 25 15:07:18 2006
 Subject: Mycenaea 869
to /dev/null.

Any ideas?  Any other tips for cutting down on an enormous amount of
SPAM?

How about checking the lack of a dot in the domain name:

:0
* ! ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*\(_dot_)(_dot_)*
/dev/null

Note the use of \. to force interpretation as a literal "dot" and not
the usual "wildcard" match-anything character.

Well, I'm a relative procmail newbie, you may need to do more of a MATCH
thing after the dot in the domain, then test if $MATCH is an empty
string.... but I think this is the general idea...