Re: Recipe to block unqualified domains?

2006-05-25 13:49:36
On May 25 22:16, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

You should make your MTA more critical. That address in the From_ header
line is coming directly from the Envelope-From. Your MTA should *reject*
communication with any server trying to hand over such messages to your
server.

I should look into doing this with postfix.  I am very nervous about
breaking my postfix config; so I'll use procmail to do it until I make
certain I've everything backed up.

Of course you can do this with procmail, but then you are much too late.

  MAILDIR = "$HOME/mail"  # should exist

  :0:
  * ^^From( )[^@ ]+(_at_)[^@ .]+( )
  in.spam.efrom

This checks for no dots in the host-/domainname part, after the @.

Thank you!

--
Dave Waxman
dave(_at_)waxman(_dot_)org

"Some Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic
building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity
than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank
Zappa