Re: Recipe to block unqualified domains?

2006-05-25 13:40:24
On May 25 15:54, Jake Di Toro wrote:

I would start with this:

        :0 h
        CLEANFROM=|formail -IReply-To: -rtzxTo:
        # domain portion
        :0
        * CLEANFROM ?? @\/.*
        {
                FROM_DOMAIN=$MATCH

      * ! FROM_DOMAIN ?? \.
      { handle-spam }

Wonderful, thank you very much!  I put it in and can't wait to see if it
shows results.

the first two rules are good, copied from somones store of variables,
and the last one should catch comains that are just one domain part.

That's exactly what I was looking for.

And of course the handle-spam is how you would choose to handle it,
with the general problems of sending to /dev/null.

For now I send it to a junk folder; but I hope to get rid of that
massive folder.

as for detecting the absence of .com|mil|gov|orc|etc....  The list
grows regulary so it'd be a riskier proposition.

True.  Too bad .xxx won't be one of them! LOL!

--
Dave Waxman
dave(_at_)waxman(_dot_)org

"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." - Sydney J. Harris