Re: Re: Renamed bogus "/var/mail/caseym" into "/var/mail/BOGUS.caseym.j8UB"

2006-05-31 15:50:44
According to his other 'ls' entries they should probably be files set to
'-rw-rw----' and owned by '$LOGNAME mail'

/var/spool/mail is "root mail"
but /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME" is '$LOGNAME Domain Users" -- why??

Good question.

I run winbind with auth against my ADS enviroment, all my users are part
of the group, 'Domain Users'.

[root(_at_)mail samba]# ls /var/spool/ -lsa 24 drwxrwxrwx   3 root    mail
20480 May 31 14:09 mail

And the directory permissions should include the sticky bit.  Otherwise,
anybody can blow away anyone else's mail.

How do I put on a sticky bit?