Re: Renamed bogus "/var/mail/caseym" into "/var/mail/BOGUS.caseym.j8UB"

2006-05-30 18:01:51
As I said to the last poster in an unrelated thread: the first
thing to do is to read the fine man page.  The second thing to
do might be to write this list.

As I have said before, i looked everywhere, I even read the man pages they
didn't make any sense to me, I couldn't find the problem.

Here are some telling excerpts from 'man procmail', which I
suggest you read more completely to get a good understanding
of what's happening.  But the short version is, it's a file-
permission problem.

okay, i'll read them again.

 9:35am [~/Mail] 534[0]> man procmail | grep -A3 -i bogus
man: Formatting manual page...
       Renaming bogus "x" into "x"
                              The system mailbox of the recipient was
found to
                              be bogus, procmail performed evasive
actions.

What does it mean, 'found to be bogus'??? that isn't tell me what i'm
meant to do to fix it ...?

       Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded/failed
                              A filter returned unsuccessfully, procmail
tried
--
       bogus  mailheaders).  The regular expression that is used to search
for

--
       If  /var/mail/$LOGNAME is a bogus mailbox (i.e., does not belong to
the

here is an output of my /var/spool/mail/ folder the permissions are right,
they are not links, what else would this be?

 2516 -rwx------  1 woolleyd          Domain Users   2568357 May 31 08:02
/var/spool/mail/woolleyd
    0 -rwx------  2 wrayk             Domain Users         0 May 30 09:35
/var/spool/mail/wrayk
    0 -rwx------  2 wylier            Domain Users         0 May 26 14:02
/var/spool/mail/wylier
   36 -rwx------  2 wylliem           Domain Users     35061 May 29 15:45
/var/spool/mail/wylliem
    0 -rwx------  2 yatesb            Domain Users         0 May 30 09:29
/var/spool/mail/yatesb
    0 -rwx------  1 youngbluttk       Domain Users         0 May 31 08:08
/var/spool/mail/youngbluttk
    0 -rwx------  2 youngj            Domain Users         0 Feb 10 17:42
/var/spool/mail/youngj
   72 -rwx------  2 zhangz            Domain Users     68229 Apr 19 15:04
/var/spool/mail/zhangz
 8708 -rwx------  1 zovkomatthew      Domain Users   8898040 May 31 07:17
/var/spool/mail/zovkomatthew

dman

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/

--
Paul Matthews
Junior Network Technician | The Cathedral School

Anglican coeducation | Day and Boarding | Early Childhood to Year 12
Educating for life-long success

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CONFIDENTIALITY

This electronic email message is intended only for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the addressee, you are
notified that any transmission, distribution or photocopying of this email
is strictly prohibited. The confidentiality attached to this email is not
waived, lost or destroyed by reasons of a mistaken delivery to you.