Re: Renamed bogus "/var/mail/caseym" into "/var/mail/BOGUS.caseym.j8UB"

2006-06-01 05:33:34
On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 08:06:15AM +1000, Paul Matthews wrote:

I use ~/.procmailrc files

------------SOF------------

LOGFILE="$HOME/procmail.log"
PPRIVS=yes

Didn't you intend for the above to say

   DROPPRIVS=yes

?????????????????

But anyway, ordinary users probably don't need to set DROPPRIVS
in their .procmailrc files -- unless you are calling them by
some goofy mechanism from a central rcfile with elevated privs.

Okay, well they are not hard or soft links, they are owned my the right
people and have the right permissions ...

Here's the next thing I'd do: I'd take a test-case user and
completely delete (rename, a.k.a. move) his present mailbox.  With
no file there at all, send him a message.  Does it get saved as
expected?  What are the file perms and what is the group?

Dallman