suggestions for reply to users of old listserv domain

2006-08-01 12:19:23
I have just started using Procmail and have read some of the archives, tips,
and FAQs.

Our site hosts over 500 mailings lists/listservs and up to a few weeks ago,
a subscriber could send to either listname(_at_)server1(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com
or
listname(_at_)server2(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_) We recently migrated all of
our list to another
server. Now, subscribers can only send to
listname(_at_)server2(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_) We
warned subscribers of the change, but the message hasn't quite gotten out.

So, I thought I would utilize Procmail to catch messages sent to the old
listname(_at_)server1(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com address and reply with a message like
"This is
no longer the correct address for the list. Please post your message to
listname(_at_)server2(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_)

Since there is other/non-list mail being sent to server1.domain.com, I can't
just wildcard it. I need to identify list addresses and reply to the sender.
I would hope that someone can give me some pointers to get started. I am
working through some examples and learning regular expressions and
hopefully, I can post some ideas that I have.

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com