RE: [SPAM] - Re: Problems setting up procmail LDA in sendmail - Bayesian Filter detected spam

2006-08-17 02:10:31
Thanks Sean. You gave me the clue that solved the problem. It was due to
the local_procmail.m4 missing in the cf/feature directory.

Thanks all.

Cheeyong

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE] On Behalf Of
Professional
Software Engineering
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:02 AM
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: [SPAM] - Re: Problems setting up procmail LDA in sendmail -
Bayesian Filter detected spam

At 18:29 2006-08-16 +0800, Tay, Chee Yong wrote:

I am running sendmail on Solaris 5.9, and I have the following
sendmail.mc file in /usr/lib/mail/cf:

[snip]

This is *SENDMAIL* config stuff.  Yes, it pertains to getting procmail
running, but problems you're having getting your unknown version of
sendmail to build a sensible .cf file should be directed to an
appropriate
sendmail support venue, such as comp.mail.sendmail

define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS', `ShPfn')
define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -a $h -d $u')
FEATURE(`access_db', `hash -o -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')
FEATURE(`local_procmail')
MAILER(`local')

MAILER(`procmail')

This is wholly unnecessary for using procmail as the LDA.  the MAILER is
different type of delivery mechanism.  This can be useful, but 99.9998%
of
installations don't make use of it.

After I build the sendmail.cf file using m4, I am unable to see
Mprocmail inside the sendmail.cf:

That certainly seems like a problem, but it won't affect your use of
procmail as an LDA - for that, you should be looking for procmail within

the Mlocal definition.

I might suspect that you're not properly building the sendmail.cf, and
therefore not seeing your .mc reflected in it...

# grep procmail sendmail.cf
                A=procmail -a $h -d $u

curious, I'd expect to see it in the Mlocal line itself, much like:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9Z,
S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
                 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                 A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

Mlocal,         P=/usr/lib/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qShPfn,
S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
                T=DNS/RFC822/SMTP,
                A=procmail -a $h -d $u

Why your Mlocal uses mail.local when you have local_procmail defined is
proper question for a sendmail support forum.

I only have the above, which I feel that its wrong.

I'd start by verifying it against the cf/feature/local_procmail.m4 file
in
the sendmail source tree you're using.

Also see cf/README in your sendmail source tree

  Procmail disclaimer:
<http://www.professional.org/procmail/disclaimer.html>
  Please DO NOT carbon me on list replies.  I'll get my copy from the
list.