Re: Problems setting up procmail LDA in sendmail

2006-08-17 15:40:29
On 16 Aug 2006, at 10:23 , Gerard Seibert wrote:
all you have to do is complain about a harmless sig.

I think he was complaining about the excessive quoting, coupled with
the off-topic post, coupled with the annoyingly long signature.
Anyone of those would have slid by.  Probably any two.  But all three
tipped the balance.

While I agree with the sentiments of the 4 line 'content' of your
sig, your snedmail made it obvious that you don't understand that the
opposite of top-posting is not bottom-posting, which is nearly as bad.

The opposite of top-posting (top-posting is simply replying without
thinking) is trimming the quoted text to the minimum needed to
maintain the thread (see how I did that?), and then interspersing
your comments.  When there is only one comment, it LOOKS like bottom
posting, but it is not.

--
"Woof bloody woof."