Re: Delivering messages fails

2006-12-10 09:39:49
On 10-Dec-2006, at 08:59, Petter Grimsrud wrote:
Who runs the procmail process.

Normally the procmail process is run by root, but YOUR .procmailrc is
run by you.

I supposed to give everyone write permission to my e-mail
directory? That is
/home/user/Maildir?

No, permissions should be for YOU to write to that folder.

I utilize the maildir mailbox format, as opposed to mbox. How does
procmail
know which format to use?

By the suffix on the mailbox name,

Receipt:
:0:
* ^Subject:.*compilers
.Trash

:0
.Trash/

(no lock needed for maildir, and you need the suffix '/' on the
mailbox name to indicate Maildir)

And, just to be sure, you are talking about $HOME/.procmailrc for the
above recipe, right?

--
There's nothing to do, so you just stay in bed [ah, poor thing] Why
live in the world when you can live in your head?