Re: Delivering messages fails

2006-12-11 05:27:55
Petter Grimsrud schreef:
Ruud:

Setting MAILDIR is the procmail chdir command. With procmail -v you
can find out what the default setting of MAILDIR is. At my account
with my ISP I do

  MAILDIR = $MAIL

to chdir to the right directory.

procmail -v gives Your system mailbox:   /var/mail/$USER
But I store e-mails in /home/$USER/Maildir. Only Postfix knows that,
and now also procmail.

OK, either recompile procmail with the right "system mailbox" or put
something like

  MAILDIR = $HOME/Maildir
  ORGMAIL = $MAILDIR/
  DEFAULT = $ORGMAIL

near the top of your global /etc/procmailrc. (I am assuming here that
these values propagate to the user's .procmailrc, but I am not sure.)

If you are going to deliver to the user's mailboxes with recipes inside
the central /etc/procmailrc, do a DROPPRIVS=yes just before those
recipes.

<quote src="procmailrc(5)">
DROPPRIVS   If  set to `yes' procmail will drop all privileges it might
            have had (suid or sgid).  This is only useful if  you  want
            to    guarantee    that    the    bottom    half   of   the
            /usr/local/etc/procmailrc file is executed on behalf of the
            recipient.
</quote>

See also http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/pm-tips.html (18.30)

--