no vacation sent ...

2006-12-11 08:29:23
Hi List!

We are using Horde as Webmail (and some more) frontend and the
procmailrc files generated by the filter module Ingo. "Regular"
filtering and message forwarding works great but the vacation rule
does not work on our mail server (using postfix-2.1.5-3.4 and
procmail-3.22-40.4, i now, they are somehow outdated but for various
resons an update is currently "difficult" ..), although the same rules
work in different other test machines (using both older and newer
versions of postfix and procmail) so it seems there is a problem on
right this machine. But how can i track/debug this error?

the .procmailrc file i used for testing (as testuser1) is:
------ .procmailrc -----
VERBOSE=on
LOGABSTRACT=all
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log

   FILEDATE=`ls -lcn --time-style=+%s '.vacation.testuser1' | awk '{
print $6 + (604800) }'`
   DATE=`date +%s`
   DUMMY=`test $FILEDATE -le $DATE && rm '.vacation.testuser1'`

   :0 Whc: vacation.lock
   * $^To:(.*\<)?testuser1
   * !^From(_dot_)*noreply(_at_)there(_dot_)com
   * !^FROM_DAEMON
   | formail -rD 8192 .vacation.testuser1
     :0 ehc
     | (formail -rI"Precedence: junk" \
        -A"X-Loop: testuser1" \
        -i"Subject: on vacation ..." ; \
        echo "i am currently away ..." \
       ) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t
}
---------------

on testing machines this sends out a vacation message as expexted, on
the productive mail server this rule creates exactly the same log file
entries but no vacation messages are sent. the mail log files
(/var/log/mail*) do not contain any hint about a message.

as other filter rules (sorting in dirs, forwarding to other mail
accounts) work i am sure that procmail actually does work and as the
vacation rule does work on other machines i assume the rule itself is
also correct.

Does anybody know what could be happening here?
How can I track/debug where the chain is broken?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Regards
   markus

--
Markus Krause                                   email:
krause(_at_)biochem(_dot_)mpg(_dot_)de

      This message was sent using https://webmail2.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to
rz-linux(_at_)biochem(_dot_)mpg(_dot_)de