RE: unsetting LOGFILE?

2007-05-25 04:12:43
[I'm just back from a trip and still jet-lagged.  Sorry,
Michael, for initially sending the below to you instead of
the list.]

Michael J Wise wrote on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:46 AM:

On May 22, 2007, at 1:16 PM, martin f krafft wrote:

How can I unset LOGFILE ...

LOGFILE=

Well, not really, no.  That answers the question
"How can I set LOGFILE to null?"  But "null" is not
the same as unset.

This would make no difference to Martin, but the distinction
should still be remembered for when it might matter.

To *unset* in procmail, just type the name of the var
(without an equals sign).

    LOGFILE

However, I note that with regard to LOGFILE, in
both cases procmail opens /dev/null, so that may,
indeed, be a special case where what I said above
doesn't quite count.

and cause procmail to write stderr back to
the MTA?

I'm not sure that's the problem, but.

It's not exactly his problem.  At least that is
my suspicion also.  I will answer the other message
separately a bit later.

Dallman